Thursday, May 11, 2017

NEW PopCards! Plus, Challenge 208 Dots and Stripes!


Hello, Ai Fans!


Our fantastic new PopCards are now available at artimpressions.com! These six stamp and die sets and PopCard Template create amazing and easy pop-up cards that will wow your recipient! Our fun animal designs include accessories and witty phrases perfect for birthdays or just because! If you love our Golden Oldies, you'll love our Oldie PopCard for some 3-D sass! Our PopCard Template is the "key" to make your PopCards function - it is a die that slides into the slits of your image, allowing the image to be pulled from completely flat to popped up for a 3-D effect! Showing is better than telling, so check out our video from the Creativation trade show to see these sets in action.

PopCard Template
Horse PopCard Panda PopCard Oldie PopCardGator PopCardBee PopCardElephant PopCard



 We have Diane here today with an amazing tutorial to share!

Hello Ai friends!  Today I am sharing how I made a fun, interactive card with the new Panda PopCard (4860) stamp set and the PopCard Template.  My sentiment is from the Hobby Lobby AiCS36- Birthday Wishes Set.


As I was editing the photos of the steps I took in creating this card, I typed some directions directly onto the photos. I hope this helps.  Click on each photo to see a larger view.  (Kate also has a wonderful video HERE showing how to put the PopCards together. Be sure to check it out!).
First I chose some patterned paper I wanted to use and colored my images to match.  The Panda only requires one of each image plus the PopCard Template.


Next up is assembling the mechanism that makes the card interactive!  Just fold the template on the 2 center perforated lines to form a "U" shape. Then slide the "arms" of the template through the die cut slots in each piece.



Your panda will look like this from the front, with the PopCard Template hidden behind his layers...




Now adhere the bear to the inside of the card.  Then cut 2 slits in the fold across from his belly.  I marked with a pencil where I wanted to cut and then turned my card inside out to make it easier to cut the slits.




Bend the little cut section toward the center of the card.  A 1/2" strip will adhere to the top of it and also to the back of the bear.




If desired, you can punch or die cut a window for your bear to peek through!  I added a piece of acetate in the window.



Assemble layers and finish as desired.  I added a single balloon from the set with some Clear Wink of Stella to make it sparkle.



When opened, the Panda pops up!




A side view...



Now it’s your turn to break out your favorite Ai stamps, make a card, and join us in the “Dots & Stripes” Challenge!
Happy stamping!

Thanks, Diane! What an awesome tutorial! If you also enjoy video tutorials, be sure to check out Kate's Elephant PopCard Tutorial over on YouTube. We will have more tutorials on the way!


As Diane mentioned, this new release is kicking off our new Challenge 208 Dots and Stripes! We want to see you use dots AND stripes in your card! You are welcome to make a PopCard, but it is not required. Make a card for any occasion!

Here are the challenge rules …
✻ Please make a new card or creation. You can make any crafty item you wish; this is not limited to cards!
✻ Limit two submissions per person. You will receive extra votes if you use Art Impressions stamps!
✻ The Ai Challenge is open to everyone, international submissions are welcome!
✻ Include a link back to the Ai Blog or grab our button on the top right of our sidebar!
✻ Share the Ai love by clicking and commenting your fellow crafters.
✻ Make sure to get your link up by Wednesday, May 24 at 5:00 p.m. PST to enter your creations.
✻ Good luck and happy stamping!

Time to celebrate the winners of last week's challenge for One Layer Ladies!

Top Spot goes to...


Congrats, Monika! We love how you colored your Shoppers! Email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address to claim your prize pack!

Honorable Mentions go to...






Congrats, you two! Funtography, we love your bold background with our sweet Quilt Sisters block from Hobby Lobby! Milene, we adore your coloring on your Chocolate Therapy card! Way to go, email annelise@artimpressions.com with your address and the stamp set of your choice.

We hope you folks will join us for our Dots and Stripes challenge this week!



11 comments:

Monika Gulyas said...

Wooo hooo!!! I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much and congrats to Funtography and Milene for the honorable mentions too!!! I can hardly wait to join the new challenge!!! Great inspirational cards!!!

Dot J Freel said...

I love those pop-up cards and haven't tried them yet! Definitely want to.

Cynthia said...

Wow, really fun pop up card, Diane! What a fun surprise for the recipient. Congrats to all of the winners.

Milene Tiberius said...

Yayyyy!!! Thank you so much, AI!! ^-^ Congrats to Monika and Funtography as well! These pop up cards are so much fun. I can't wait to try them myself!

Sharon Caudle said...

Diane this card is so cute and fun!! Love the adorable Panda and how he's peeking through the window! Adorable!

KathyA. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

The challenge linky seems to be missing. Including my entry link here:
http://stampinalaska.blogspot.com/2017/05/art-impressions-challenge-208-dots-and.html

Thanks! Cynthia

KathyA. said...

Cynthia, I made a similar comment, then removed it because I was new to the site and thought I just couldn't see it. So thanks for helping me to see that it isn't just that I need new glasses!

Heather said...

These new pop up sets look awesome!! And so fun! I don't see the linky gadget either, so here is the link to my card:
http://wirewrapture.blogspot.com/2017/05/project-of-week-paper-piecing.html

Hazel said...

My entry is here x

katieo said...

Fun pop up dies. I will check them out at the Scrapbbok Expo in July. I love dots and stripes